Chewing is an essential part of every dog’s life, but it’s a particularly important activity for puppies. Through gnawing on toys, puppies learn to manage their chewing instincts, explore the world around them, and alleviate the pain from teething. That is why giving your pooch a toy to chew on is not even a subject for debate. The question is which puppy chew toys will safely satisfy your dog’s urges. Here are our 10 picks for good chew toys for puppies.
1. Youngever 8 Durable Dog Chew Toys
It’s no secret that with an avid chewer, any toy is at a risk of being ruined. To save you the trouble of going out to buy a new toy every time your puppy destroys the old one, Youngever offers a value pack of 8 high-quality chewing toys:
- The pack contains 5 rope toys and 3 rubber toys.
- Both the rope and the rubber are extremely durable and suited even for aggressive chewers.
- This set of chewing toys is designed for dogs ranging from 10 lbs to 50 lbs.
- The toys help maintain your pup’s dental hygiene.
- With a complementary mesh bag, you will easily keep the toys in order.
2. Nylabone Dura Chew Ring Bone & Chew Bone
Nylabone is one of the best known names in the pet supply industry, and their puppy teething toys are always a good choice. This Nylabone set contains a chew bone for puppies and a ring bone:
- The double pack of chewing toys can last your dog well into adulthood: you can start with the chew bone and eventually graduate to the ring bone.
- Both toys are flavored with chicken, making it irresistible to the dog.
- The materials are both durable and soft, which is ideal for the sensitive gums of teething puppies.
- Regularly chewing on these toys prevents the formation of plaque and tartar.
3. KONG Puppy Toy
KONG is famous for making some of the most durable dog toys in the market, but they are also known for their exceptionally safe chew toys for puppies. The KONG puppy toys share many of their features with the adult versions but still have a lot to offer on their own:
- The toy comes in three sizes and two colors, which means you will easily find the perfect one for your pup.
- The special teething rubber formula soothes the dog’s gums and cleans the teeth.
- The unpredictable bounce ensures a fun game of fetch.
- The toy can be filled with dog snacks and frozen to give your puppy even a more thrilling experience.
4. Oneisall Indestructible Pet Chew Bone Toy
If you are looking for a chewing bone for puppy that is a bit more durable than your regular rubber and rope toys, here is something to check out! Oneisall makes a range of indestructible toys for all dog and puppy needs:
- The toy is made from non-toxic and extremely durable nylon.
- There are three sizes available, with the smallest one being perfect for puppies.
- The bone comes with a scrumptious bacon flavor — a real dog favorite.
- Chewing on the toy relieves the painful teething sensation and helps clean up the teeth and gums.
5. KALENI Dog Toothbrush Chew Toy
Cleaning your dog’s teeth with a special toothbrush may be a hassle, particularly when your puppy is stressed out from the teething. This chew toy for puppies is shaped like a toothbrush and can be a great addition to your pup’s toy collection:
- There are four sides with bristles on the toothbrush for effective cleaning.
- You can squeeze the toothpaste inside the toothbrush for an even better effect.
- The toothbrush toy comes in one universal size, perfect for both small and large puppies.
- There is a mild mint flavor for extra fresh breath.
- The toy is made of durable rubber and works longer than most other dog brushes.
6. Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Starter Pack
Another bestseller from Nylabone contains some of the best chew toys for puppies available today. From chew bones to teething pacifiers — this starter pack is every teething dog’s best friend:
- The Dino toy and the two pacifiers are perfect for relieving teething pain.
- The three teething bones for puppies can cover every stage of the teething process, and there is even a delicious treat for the pup!
- All toys from the pack are flavored to make them completely irresistible for your pooch.
- Thanks to the variety of sizes and shapes, the starter pack from Nylabone can last from a very young age up to when your dog reaches 25 lbs.
7. Mammoth Flossy Chews Rope Tug
Rope toys famously make great toys for teething puppies and active chewers. They are durable, cute, and can be easily cleaned in a washing machine to make things more hygienic. This rope from Mammoth has several reasons to check it out:
- The toy is made from pure cotton and non-toxic dye, which means it’s absolutely safe for your pup to play with.
- The rope cleans your dog’s teeth and massages her gums during play.
- When your dog is in a mood for some active time, play tug of war with it using this rope!
- The toy is best suited for larger breeds, although puppies and smaller dogs will also enjoy their time with the Mammoth.
8. Jim Hodges Dog Training Elk Antlers For Dogs
If you are a fan of all things natural and want your pup to get the best products, here is something the two of you might like. These genuine elk antlers are produced without any harm to the elks and are a true fan favorite:
- Natural antlers are very hard and therefore very durable. They make great chewing toys and are ideal for supporting the teething process.
- No flavoring needed — your pup will sense the natural origin of this toy and will like it immediately.
- The antler toy prevents tartar and is a great source of calcium, zinc, and other essential nutrients.
- Without any smell, stickiness, or small pieces, it’s a fantastic choice for an indoor toy.
9. HoundGames Doggy Play Mat
It seems like this play mat from HoundGames has everything to become your puppy’s number one toy. Besides its fun and multipurpose design, it has an impressive list of features:
- Made from soft and durable plus, this device can function both as a play mat and a sleeping pad.
- The mat is equipped with two rubber dental rings, a rope tail and two rope rings to help your pup through the teething process and keep it from getting bored.
- The toy’s nose contains a squeaker for an unexpected sound effect.
- The colors used in the play mat are the colors dogs see best, which adds to their enjoyment from the toy.
10. Pet Parents Gnawtlers For Dogs
This is another version of the popular variety of natural elk antlers for dogs. These antlers are also harvested responsibly without damaging the elks and come with several important qualities:
- The Gnawtlers are unprocessed and don’t leave any mess or color even when your pup chews it for hours.
- These toys are packed with nutrients and help remove the plaque from the dog’s teeth.
- Pet Parents Gnawtlers come in four sizes, making it super easy to find just the right one for your pooch.
- The antlers are vacuum sealed and come to you perfectly clean.
The market of chewing toys for puppies is filled with great options, from the all-natural elk antlers to the industrial-grade rubber. You’ll never know which one will become your dog’s favorite until you try it, but rest assured it’s already on our list!