In order to live happy, fulfilling lives, dogs need to be constantly stimulated, especially when it comes to their mental and cognitive development. It’s even more important if your dog spends long hours on its own while you’re at work.
Regular dog toys like bones and ropes won’t keep the pooch entertained for too long, and buying a novelty toy every time you’re going out may be very damaging for your budget. The answer to this problem is one of the many mind stimulating toys for dogs available in the market today. Check out our top 10 picks for interactive dog toys!
1. Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pool
When we’re talking about toys to keep dogs busy, we’re not just talking about devices that stimulate their mental development — we also shouldn’t ignore their physical well-being. There are few things more beneficial for a dog’s health than water; plus, it’s simply a fun exercise. This Jasonwell dog pool is one of the best self entertaining dog toys and has many coveted features:
- It comes in 5 sizes ranging from 32 inches to 63 inches in diameter.
- The collapsible construction makes setting up the pool super easy, and no inflating is needed.
- The extra-thick PVC material makes the pool extra durable and slip-proof.
- The bottom side drain is perfect for quickly draining the pool when you want to fold it or simply refresh the water.
2. Trixie Mad Scientist For Dogs
Some of the most popular interactive dog toys are treat toys for dogs, which combine the entertaining qualities of classic interactive devices with the thrill of discovering the favorite treat inside the toy. If you are looking for toys for smart dogs that will also serve as a treat dispenser, here is what the Trixie device can offer you:
- The colorful design of the toy will instantly make it your dog’s number one toy in the household.
- The toy is equipped with a non-slip rubber mat.
- There are numerous ways for the dog to interact with the Mad Scientist, which are all described in the booklet that comes with the toy.
- This toy will stimulate your doggie’s curiosity and problem-solving skills while simultaneously rewarding it with a delicious treat.
3. iFetch Interactive Dog Ball Launcher
Most dogs and their owners are big fans of dog entertainment toys that train both the dog’s physique and cognitive abilities. Plus, throwing The iFetch interactive ball launcher is one of the best interactive dog toys available today for a number of reasons:
- These moving dog toys come with three tennis balls that are perfect for small to medium breeds.
- Your dog will quickly get the hang of the ball launcher and will be able to charge it on its own.
- The dog ball launcher can be used for a fun interaction between the dog and the owner, but it’s also the ideal toy for dogs who spend a long time alone.
- The throwing distance can be adjusted and ranges from 10 to 30 feet, which makes the toy suitable both for indoor and outdoor use.
4. FurryFido Interactive Dog Ball
Not all interactive puzzle dog toys look like hi-tech devices. Sometimes they come in a shape of an ordinary dog ball, but are packed with useful features:
- The toy can be enjoyed in two fun ways: you can use it to play fetch or fill it with treats for independent play.
- If you are looking for challenging dog toys, this should be one of your first picks. Only when the holes in two balls align, the pooch will get the deserved treats.
- The soft and durable natural rubber helps maintain the dog’s dental hygiene.
- The FurryFido dog ball comes with a lifetime money back guarantee.
5. PAW5 Wooly Snuffle Mat
While dogs enjoy being fed, they enjoy hunting and searching for their food even more. Giving your doggie an opportunity to forage in a city setting may be challenging, and that is exactly where the PAW5 mat comes in:
- The mat mimics the food hunt in the wild and can be used for feeding or simply dispensing treats to your dog.
- By looking for the treats in the mat, your dog trains its sense of smell and natural instincts.
- The dimensions and structure of the mat is perfect for dogs of all breeds and sizes.
- The material used in the mat is soft but durable, and it can be safely cleaned in a washing machine.
6. West Paw Zogoflex Quizl Interactive Dog Toy
Dogs are known for their love of treats, but giving treats to your pooch directly will soon raise your dog treat bill through the roof. An easy solution for this problem is the West Paw Zogoflex toy, which has several important benefits:
- It helps you limit the treat use and makes your dog work for each delicious treat.
- Made from a durable and safe material, the Quizl toy is ideal for tough chewers of all sizes.
- Even when the toy runs out of treats, it can be used for fetching and other fun activities.
- The toy can be washed in a dishwasher for extra hygiene.
7. Our Pet IQ Treat Ball
The treat dispensing balls are the most popular variety of interactive dog toys for a reason: they give the pup lots of joy and work great for building a bond between the dog and its owner. The treat ball from Our Pet has several benefits:
- The toy comes in two sizes and a variety of colors, making it easy to find just the right one for your pooch.
- The ball is made from non-toxic plastic and can be effortlessly taken apart for cleaning.
- As your dog learns to operate the treat ball, you can adjust the difficulty level to introduce an element of challenge into the play.
8. KONG Wobbler Interactive Dog Toy
KONG is a renowned manufacturer of smart dog toys, and the Wobbler is one of their bestsellers. It looks fairly simple, but it’s actually very functional:
- The Wobbler can be used not only as a treat dispenser, but also as your dog’s primary feeding device in case you need to extend the feeding time.
- The unique feature of the KONG Wobbler is the unexpected bounce that will keep your pooch entertained for hours.
- The polymer used in the toy is both food-grade and extremely durable.
- Unscrew the top to instantly fill the toy with your dog’s favorite treats.
9. Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel Dog Toy
This toy is nothing like the interactive dog toys you’ve seen earlier on our list. There is no rubber or moving parts, but the Outward Hound toy can give every member of your household as much joy as a typical dog toy:
- The device can be enjoyed individually by the dog or used in a game of fetch with the owner.
- The toy comes in four sizes, where the number of squirrels ranges from three to six.
- Your pooch will spend hours looking for the squirrels inside the toy and will be thrilled by the squeaky sounds the squirrels produce.
- You can add more characters to the toy for extra novelty.
10. EE Toys IQ Treat Ball
The best interactive dog toys have more than one important feature, like this IQ treat ball from EE Toys. In addition to being a cute and fun dog toy, this ball has the following benefits:
- The unusual texture of the ball helps keep your dog’s teeth and gums clean.
- Whether it’s used as a treat dispenser or a ball for fetching, the toy will give the dog and the owner hours of unlimited fun.
- The toy works great for dogs who need to spend a long time on their own without getting bored.
Some dog owners may consider interactive puppy toys to be too excessive, but when a single toy can give your pup endless fun and stimulate its development, you should definitely consider interactive dog toys to be a great investment.